If you wish to drive a vehicle between 3,500kg and 7,500kg you will need to obtain a category C1 licence. A C1 licence is essential for those who wish to become an EMT with the ambulance service. Before you start your training you will need to get your learner permit for the ‘C1’ category.

At Naas Driving Academy each of our instructors have over 20 years of HGV experience ensuring all of our customers receive expert tuition to ensure they pass their driving test.  From the person who has never driven a rigid truck to the more experienced driver our instructors will assess your driving and recommend how many lessons you will require before sitting your driving test. We can then tailor make a package to suit each individuals needs.

If you want to drive a truck professionally you will be required to hold a driver CPC card.  Please see our information page on driver CPC.

Pre-test courses cover the test routes in Naas. Our pass rate is second to none and our instructors will cover everything that the tester will expect of you on the day of your test.


A big part of our job is to asses, retrain and update existing employees for companies all over the country. These include The Fire Brigade, County Councils, Health Service and Logistic companies.